Thursday, November 13, 2008

Award Banquet.. Moms Going to Kill all of us!!






My Mom and Dad loves their horses.. sometimes more then their kids and that was the case at the NRHA awards banquet!!! ha ha jk mom... My mom did awesome this year showing her horse, so good in fact that at the year end awards she won a Saddle (which for those of you that don't know is pretty dang good!) Well we all wanted to surprise her and not tell her that we were coming so we got my dad in on it he got us the tickets (which I still haven't paid for.. sorry dad!!) and we drove up Ogden Canyon to the Timberlodge restaurant. Jason and Kassy rode with Nate and I and that was so funny we laughed the whole way up about Nate's memories about Ogden!! ha ha Anyway then Kolbi and Ryan met us up there. The thing is before the banquet I think my mom told me that she was getting an award at least 10 times.. "you know I have that thing on Saturday I am getting a saddle" I would just say oh ya that's cool I think Nate and I are going to a movie with Kass and Jay... But little did she know we were all going to be there! But it was pretty obvious when we got there. They were sitting on a table by themselves and Dad had saved all the chairs! But it was still a surprise! They started with a raffle, which by the way we didn't win, then went on to dinner then the awards.. We were laughing and by far the loudest table there! My mom was in the Rockstar Mode and was getting a little annoyed with us but what can you expect with all of us together! It was great though 3 hours later she got her saddle and loved every minute of it! My mom and Dad love the horses and it was great to see them succeed in what they love to do!! It was also fun to be with my sisters and their husbands we have so much fun together and laugh so hard our stomachs hurt!!! Little inside joke...Where is my buckle, who has my buckle, Jason give me back my buckle!! ha ha ha ha so funny!!

1 comment:

Lance and Nikki said...

Hey! This is Nikki, I found your blog through Chelsies . . . anyway, we have to speak in church on Sunday! :( Are you guys going to be there? Do you want to watch Hailee during sacrament? You could have something fun to play with during our boring talks!